Scheduled batches allow you to take actions on your custom Segments, leveraging Woopra’s automated actions. For this feature, you can periodically run a Segment of users that you’ve created in Woopra before, or create a new custom Segment within the Scheduled Batches editor. Woopra will be running these behavioral segments on a periodical schedule so you can choose which action you want to take on the segments.
For example, if you’re a SaaS company, you might want to run a weekly Segment of enterprise users who haven’t logged into their accounts within the last 30 days. Then you can apply a Scheduled Batch’s action to add them to your mailing list so you can remind your enterprise accounts on what awesome features they’re missing out or inquire if they’re experiencing any issues with your product.
Here are the following actions that you can run on your segments, leveraging Scheduled Batches:
- Bulk Update Visitor Properties - add or update Segment’s visitor properties in bulk on a scheduled basis. For example, whenever users match your segment criteria, you can copy certain properties, such as IP address from the visit properties to the visitor properties. Remember to add Visitor Schema for the property to allow it to appear.
- Run Script – This allows you to run a custom script in your behavioral Segment’s browsers. For example, you can show a message with useful tricks and tips to customers who have just signed up for your product, or encourage returning visitors to join a newsletter. Possibilities are endless, use this feature wisely!
- Webhooks – Woopra can send HTTP requests to different tools for your behavioral Segment on a scheduled basis.
- Email Report – Send Segments to your email address at regular intervals so you can always stay on top of users who are most important to you.
- Integrations Actions – You can use actions automatically installed by your Integrations Apps. These actions perform many different functions, based on the App they originate from. For example, your behavioral Segments can be uploaded as new contacts to HubSpot on a regular schedule.
- Dropbox/Box/Google Drive – Send behavioral Segments to your Dropbox/Box/Google Drive accounts to receive reports at regular intervals, without needing to seek them out each time.
The first step to creating a Scheduled Batch is to select a Segment you want to act on at a regular interval. You might want to think about which daily/weekly/monthly Segments of users are important to you and your team and which actions you want to take on them. For example, you might think of your new weekly signups where the company size is greater than 100, and you want to automatically sync this segment to Salesforce so your sales team can act on it!
The second step is to configure the Schedule Batch that you want to run on a periodic schedule.
Setting Up Your Scheduled Batch
- Go to the Automate Section in the Navigation Bar.
- Click on the Schedule Batches button in the Sidebar and then select the “New Scheduled Batch” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Give schedule Batch a name according to your preference.
- Write a description of the Scheduled Batch so your team members not involved in the setup understand its purpose.
- Choose a Segment you want to run by selecting the dropdown menu or create a new Segment by clicking on the “+” sign
- Select the Frequency for how often you want to run your Segments. They can be run on hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Select the limit of users within a segment. The maximum number of users withing a single segment is 1,000.
- Click on the “Add Action” button to select an action to be performed on your Segments.
Every Action has its own properties that you can customize based on your preferences. Check out our Triggers documentation to learn more about the actions you can apply.